12.18.2017

Patchwork Christmas ♥


Good Morning, friends!

Just one more week and it's Christmas!
How fast this year flew by.
But I am happy to say, this year I'm ready :)

Today's card using The Project Bin stamps is a little bit different.
I've seen quite a few of these types of Christmas tree cards
and decided to try one, putting my own touches on it.
Since I've been making Christmas cards, I've had a lot of little holiday scraps.
And buttons. 
Oh, I have lots and lots of buttons!


I'm so guilty of tossing the scraps most of the time due to limited space.
However, here's a way to use them up!
Using those smaller pieces, odds and ends and tidbits,
add them to a card in a creative way.




I created this card by gathering up all the little tidbits of papers
that had been collecting in my little basket.
I first cut white cardstock in A2 size, then ran kraft cardstock through 
the cuttlebug with a die cut.

Carefully layering the papers in a random pattern,
I measured out the angles and cut those to size with my trimmer.
Once in place, I added tombo to keep them from moving
and added buttons from my big container, again, just randomly.

The wonderful Merry Christmas sentiment is on the inside of the card ↓
and it's from Maybe Christmas stamp set from The Project Bin.
It's stamped out using the stamping platform
 and Altenew Crisp Black ink for a bold look.


This card reminds me of how unique the holidays are ~
different for everyone. 
As I was creating this card, I kept singing to myself a song I grew up with
that has special meaning to me.
The song Coat of Many Colors by Dolly Parton was on the radio so often
when I was a child and I could often relate to it ~
sometimes not having enough WAS enough ♥
 
The true meaning of Christmas often gets lost in the shuffle
and giving from the heart is what matters most ♥
 
 To see more inspiring cards from The Project Bin,
stop by the blog here.
I hope this week brings you merriment and holiday wonder!

Big hugs, bigger blessings!
~Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Your card looks so pretty. What a fun way to use up snippets of paper. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your snippets Christmas tree with the fab buttons!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card and a lovely CAS card Kelly

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea!! Love the snippets-tree!!! Well done! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card Kelly - love your scrappy tree, it's so cheerful, especially with the button on it.
    May Christmas bring you blessings of loads of love
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Kelly... this card is AWESOME! You've made scraps into a masterpiece. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Love this idea! I've still got some more to make - so thanks for the inspiration - you've sparked another idea for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I save scraps..and I love the way you used up your scrap papers..fabulous design, love the buttons, such an awesome card Kelly..

    Luv CHRISSYxx..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your scrap Christmas tree is sensational, Kelly!! So bright and festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun use of the scraps! Love your colorful tree.

    ReplyDelete