5.21.2016

Just BEE happy!



Hi friends!
  I hope your weekend is off to a great start :)   

Today's post is a quick one -- we movin' and shakin' 
with so much packed into one quick, small weekend. 
 My question every week is always the same -
 Is it summer yet?!!


 I'm in a wonderful card group at SCS called the Creative Card Chicks
and it's lead by our sweet leader + friend, Suzy!
She organized a mystery envelope swap group,
so every month we take turns hostessing.
She sent us a bee-utiful card kit with
this wonderful assortment of papers, honecomb embossed paper,
flowers, sequins and a delightful image of SU's Betsy the Beekeeper.



Now here is what I made, minus Betsy!
I did create a card with her, but had a mishap with the repositioning
of the card design ...
naturally, since I don't own the stamp set, it was harder to make that work twice!
So here is the remainder of the kit and what I made :)





We are off to a Boy Scout car wash - it's 97* out there today!

Big hugs, Bigger Blessings!
~Kelly


I'll enter card 1 into: creative corner - CAS
Crafting with Friends - AG
Simply Papercraft - AG
 

18 comments:

  1. Clever use of the honeycomb piece! Very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fabulous, Kelly!! I love the designs and the details!! Have fun at the car wash!! It's been in the 60's here and chilly...late May and I can't even have the windows open :( Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card without the stamp set! Wow! Of course the honey comb background makes it! Both such sweet designs - totally bee-ootiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeousness Kelly - beautifully made cards. Enjoy your weekend - we only got up to 50 oF here today.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cardsa re great but the first is my favorite. Clean, simple and beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the mishap with your Beekeeper card, but these two are just fabulous! Love how you cut the honeycomb apart and used it on 2 of your cards. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly--two wonderful cards. I love both of them! I really like that you cut apart the honeycomb panel and your coloring rocks, as usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! great job working with what you had!! and yikes... hope you were able to stay cool!!

    lovies, =o) kel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love how you used the remainder of your kit- this is a fun one! Brings back old memories : ) I love that DP stack- I have it and it is such a pretty backdrop for cards. Hoping the boys made lots of $$$ in the 97 degree weather.....yikes! We were 70's today and it was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such sweetness on these honeybee designs, Kelly! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two brilliant creations Kelly I really love the Honey and Bee theme, I love Honey to eat always have some in the cupboard, the honeycomb embossing, the little jar also the wonderful colours it is fabulous
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kelly, I love both of the cards. I love that you cut the honeycomb paper and used it in your layouts. I love the the pink/blue dsp card. So pretty. Great job with this envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! I love anything with honey bees! Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please excuse me while I catch up with your postings that I've missed over the last several days...I took a small break from the Internet and I think I have missed some posts from you!! Can't let that happen my friend!! LOL!!

    So your cards today are too stinkin' CUTE!! I remember this older SU! set and seen many different designs with it, but what you've done is brought up to date and so super fun!! What a really cool idea to belong to this group of crafting friends and mailing out special "kits"!! I love this idea!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, thank you for sharing with us at Simply Papercraft - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are adorable! You did quite a nice job with the goodies you received.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly, your card is so cute. I love the way you did the honeycomb! So creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing cards and great use of papers!!
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete